If you have a question on how can I ensure that I get the right cover for my facility then you’ve come to the right place. There are various reasons why you have to have the best-programmed pool covers. They will keep flotsam and jetsam from falling in your pool, help to keep the perfect measure of concoction adjust and furthermore go about as a wellbeing cover. With every one of these highlights, getting the best pool covers is significant.
However, automatic pool covers go beyond these basics and provide a lot of convenience and unique features. The best automatic pool cover retracts and extends at the push of a button and warms the pool while the tarp is extended.
Automatic pool covers are made of heavy vinyl and work much better than a solar cover. It is not uncommon for them to add 10 to 15 degrees to the temperature of the pool. If you have a heat pump, the cover will help keep costs down by not letting a lot of the heat dissipate into the air, also reducing evaporation.
Here are the top 6 best automatic pool covers in the market:
1. Pool Boy Powered Pool Solar Blanket Reel
Pool Boy Powered Pool Solar Blanket Reel is a cover that is made for inground swimming pools of up to 20-foot wide. It is a system that gives you the freedom of swimming whenever you want since you don’t hassle when removing the cover.
The system lets you cover and uncover your facility with a simple push of a button. I find that to be exciting because you do not need to know which button works where.
There is also a 115V transformer with up to 40-foot cable that lets you plug the cover to the nearest GFCI outlet. It also has a manual override ability and a tether kit that can help you to remove the cover manually.
Another great feature I like of this model is the heavy-duty aluminum tubes, a floating remote, and adjustable powder-coated bases.
- Remote Controlled
- Adjustable Roller Height
- Easy Installation, plugs into a 115 VAC GFCI protected outlet
- Use Your Existing Solar Blanket
- Note: Product does not come with solar cover straps and solar blanket
2. Solar Lakes Automatic Solar Blanket Cover
Pool owners who are worried about the pool temperature being in unswimmable conditions during the winter months will be happy about this solar safety cover. Coming with its motorized unit, solar panel, battery, and waterproof remote controller, no automatic winter cover is as complete as this!
The content in the kit means you can have the winter pool cover powered electrically by solar energy. It is a 100% eco-friendly system that works independently of the grid energy. You can operate it with no hose, cord, or plugs. Ideal for inground pools, the Solar Lakes Pool Cover is 1/4 inches thick and can cover a pool of around 20 x 40 feet in just a minute. The system makes it possible to use the pool during and outside the swimming season.
- Maximal consumer safety with no risk for electrocution by this grid-independent solar-charged battery powered product that rolls up your ¼” thick solar blanket from your 20x40’ pool in one minute.
- Enjoy your pool from the moment you step outside without the hassle of cranking in your water logged solar blanket. There is no need to use the AC/DC charger to open/close your rectangular 20x40' pool 2-3 times per day, if there is 3-4 days of full sunshine per week, and if the solar panel is not in the shadow of your home or a tree for at about 2-3 hours a day.
- INCLUDED: the motorized unit with solar panel & battery, waterproof handheld remote controller, AC/DC indoor battery charger for charging/conditioning the battery while the system is in winter storage, to keep your battery fully charged and ready for the next season.
- NOT INCLUDED: The 21'x3" aluminum tubes.
3. Pool Boy III Battery-Powered Swimming Pool Solar Blanket Reel System
Rounding off our list of the best automatic pool cover is the Pool Boy III Battery-Powered Swimming Pool Solar Blanket Reel System. This automatic pool cover is designed to be used with inground and above ground pools that are up to 20 ft wide.
With this one, there’s no need for any cables or connections here since all current runs from a battery pack which comes included with it. The batteries are rechargeable although I was disappointed that it doesn’t have a solar panel to charge the battery. You still need to charge it from your home every once and again.
- Has a remote for easy operation.
- Works well with inground and above ground pools that are up to 20 ft wide.
- No cables needed for installation as it has a battery for operations.
4. Pool Boy II Powered Solar Blanket Reel – Up to 20 Feet Wide
This is another entry from Pool Boy; the Pool Boy II. This automatic pool cover is powered by normal power outlets and can be adjusted to fit pools up to 20 feet wide. You get a waterproof and floating remote control, which allows control from a distance.
The Pool Boy II also features an auto-retractable reel system, which means it’s quick and easy for you or your kids to use without any hassle at all. It can be installed in a few minutes, which makes it very convenient.
- Installs in a short time making it convenient.
- Waterproof and floating remote control can’t be lost or damaged easily.
- Reel system for quick installation with no hassle at all.
- Adjustable to fit pools up to 20 feet wide which is great if you have an in-ground or above ground pool.
- The power cable is 40 feet long, which allows for connection to pools, which are some distance from the house.
5. Solar Lakes Remote Controlled Automatic Solar Blanket Cover With Reel / Roller
First released late in 2017, the solar blanket cover, also from Solar Lakes, is much similar to the first model reviewed earlier. It’s also a rectangular swimming pool cover for a pool size of up to 20 by 40 feet. However, this one works with a vingli reel. Made exclusively for inground pools, it comes with its remote control, simplifying pool ownership and management.
The blanket is yet another cover that can operate electrically and independently, thanks to the included solar battery unit. It’s not a product for above-ground pools but can be used in inground pool types. According to pool owners who have bought the cover, the reel/cover makes opening and closing the pool easy as it’s powered by solar energy, hence, reducing water evaporation and trapping heat. It comes with a solar panel that makes the pool water warmer.
- Maximal consumer safety with no risk for electrocution by this grid-independent solar-charged battery powered product that rolls up your ¼” thick solar blanket from your 20x40’ pool in one minute
- There is no need to use the AC/DC charger to open/close your rectangular 20x40' pool 2-3 times per day, if there is 3-4 days of full sunshine per week, and if the solar panel is not in the shadow of your home or a tree for at least 4-5 hours a day
- INCLUDED: solar-panel-powered motorized unit, battery, 2 handheld remote controllers, hex key, AC/DC indoor battery charger for charging/conditioning the battery while the system is in winter storage, to keep your battery fully charged and ready for the next season. The AC/DC charger is not required for the normal daily operation of this solar powered system, and it is not recommended for outdoors use for your safety
- WARRANTY: one-year manufacturer warranty
- NOT INCLUDED: the manual roller system that you will upgrade is NOT included
6. Rocky’s 5
Here is one of the unique pool reels that you can get, and it is ideal for a pool of up to 24-foot wide. It is made of sturdy aluminum material that is baked in enamel finish to give it durability and quality.
The system also comes with 3-inch, 12-sided anodized tubing that adds to the strength of the cover to prevent sagging. One feature that makes it a great unit is the 13-inch ground clearance to underside.
You also get all the hardware you might need to install it like a 4-inch castor set, extra-large crank-handle, and attachment kit. The system also comes in an attractive design that adds décor to your pool when it is on it.
Another feature of this unit is the ability to last for years. You can have peace of mind knowing that you get value for your money when you choose this cover reel.
- Designed for in ground pools up to 24 feet wide
- Constructed from sturdy die-cast aluminum with baked enamel finish for quality and durability
- Features 3 inch, 12 sided anodized tubing for lateral strength that minimizes sagging
- Ground clearance to underside of tubing is 13 inches
- Includes all hardware, extra large crank-handle, 4 inch castor set and solar blanket attachment kit
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!